So many philosophical talks these days, should we celebrate Valentine’s day…I think we should. Just it matters how we celebrate it.
I agree that the western culture and hyper-consumerism did use this religious holiday to make us think we can not love each other without expensive gifts. And that is totally wrong. Love is not about giving things.
But I do not agree we should go into the general discussion is it right to celebrate it because we do not beleive in the story about St. Valentine or we are not chatolic…Who needs to question reason to celebrate love? We should just question the source when it tells us to do something wrong…
We are not buying expensive gifts for this holiday. This kind of flowers I get on at least weekly basis, all these years we are together. And these kind of sweets I bake often…The only difference is that the cake is this time heart shaped. 🙂
What do you think? Do you celebrate today?
Now about the cake – this is gluten free,grain free and refined sugar free version of German Pecan chocolate cake. I have found it online and was aiming to make it for some time now. It is amazing how many tastes come so perfectly together in it…coconut, honey, vanilla and chocolate…dream! Sweetness of honey and coconut sugar vs bitterness of the dark chocolate…mmmm. And the moisture…look the pictures your self. Still it is very caloric so keep your portions in mind. I already had two pieces today :))
2 cups shreded coconut
3 spoons coconut oil
6 spoons coconut milk
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup coconut chips or shredded coconut
200 g pecans
100 g 70 % dark chocolate
- In high speed processor blend coconut, coconut oil and coconut milk until they reach dough consistency
- shape the mass on the baking dish (I used this heart shape and the dough was quite thin-it might be a good idea to use some round one 12-15 cm wide)
- bake the dough 10 min on 180 until the edges start to get gold
- cut pieces of dark chocolate and let them melt on hot dough
- on the low fire melt coconut oil, mix in honey and coconut sugar. After the mass get smooth put it off fire and after cooling down for 5 min, mix in eggs and pecans.
- poor the pecan mass over the hot dough and dark chocolate
- bake for additional 20 min on 180 degrees
- let it cool down at least 3 hours
- serve with bitter coffee
Really guys this cake is out of this world!Somebody ready to try?